The Defibrillator is now available for use, in the old phone box at the bottom of Mill Road (opposite St Peter's Church, near the School). On Monday 30th March we had a photoshoot and official ‘launch' supported by several of those who have supported and worked on the project over the last year. Photos by Su Leavesley.
One training / awareness session has already taken place and more could be arranged if there is sufficient demand: these would be free events open to anyone (12 yrs and over) who would like to familiarise themselves with the equipment and find out about basic CPR (Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation) first aid. Please contact Julia (details below) if you are interested.
In the meantime, if someone suffers chest pain
- Call for assistance by dialling 999.
- Do not leave the patient alone.
- If it’s appropriate to get the defibrillator (the 999 operator will advise) then a code will be given to open the yellow defibrillator cabinet and access the machine to take to the patient.
- The defibrillator will clearly 'talk through' what to do as you operate it.
- Don't delay: Every second counts!
For further information or to enquire about training / information sessions, please contact Julia Hill, Thurston Cottage, Tabernacle Lane, Forncett St Peter, NR16 1LE (next door to Su): phone 01953 789944 or 07751030261: email: